Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Gifted-By-God

Howdy folks! 

"An attitude of gratitude within maintains a happy life
That from us can't be stolen in times of stress and strife."
~ Artsieladie Quote 

This image with Billy Jacobs' words describe a true artist very well and only a true artist can fully relate with and comprehend what's said.

I believe we all have creativeness within us to one degree or another. Being created by the Master of Creation, how can we not be with an ability to create to some extent? There are as many ways to be creative as there are stars in the heavens.

But then there are some who are born with being creative at the very core of their being, the born artists, the true artists who can touch and stir our thoughts and emotions. True artistry revolves around expression. In order to truly express and/or portray something, one has to FEEL intimately and deeply that which they're expressing. They have to know what something FEELS like in order to express it or express of/from it.

An artist MUST be in touch with, face, and deal with their emotions. So often we artists are described as eccentric and emotional. However, we not only deal with our own emotions, both high and low as well as in between, but we ABSORB others' emotions and woes we connect with as though they are our own and this, all combined, is the material we create and express from. Therefore, to be an artist, emotions and feelings come with the territory. I've been accused many times of being emotional, but then, I am an artist to my and into and at the core of my being and right from birth.

This is why many true artists wind up succumbing to drugs or alcohol, have emotional and/or mental breakdowns, even commit suicide because it can become an unbearable weight to bear one's own pain and woes as well as the same of others. It's difficult to explain to non-artists so they fully understand, but a true artist will relate to and understand completely what I've written about here.

"An Artist"
Artist by Billy Jacobs
Billy Jacobs' image,
a fabulous artist.
"Gifted By God"

I am just a nobody with no fortune and no fame,
But rich in ways many others wouldn't ever think to claim.
Among His many blessings, I'm blessed with a Gift to create,
To share with and touch others, to uplift and educate.

But to be creative, to feel others' woes, address,
God gave me a life of lessons so I could share, express.
He knew I'd need material so I could carry out
My purpose He designed without a shred of doubt.

So, with my poetry, unique and a style all its own,
I write from within, a place no one can ever clone.
To acquire understanding in a way that's surreal,
One must live and experience to know how others feel.

Starting with my childhood, learning the cruelties of life
And throughout adulthood, enduring much pain and strife,
I've gained a wealth of knowledge about wrong and right,
Bringing forth perspicacity in rhyme as I write.

If with my poetry, one's expecting more in line with norm,
One might be disappointed with its content and its form,
For I do not write what and how others think I should,
But mostly to convey a message, hoping that it's good.

I only write in rhyme to give my words a flow;
Free verse seems lacking of, my opinion, though.
I like the added challenge throughout my writing time
Of writing words with meaning AND portrayed with rhyme.

My writing is direct, though not always pleasant, nice;
Some may think too lengthy, therefore not concise.
But truth and honesty can sometimes be harsh and severe
And the delivery of, must be covered and as well, made clear.

Meeting challenges in life has played a main, central part,
Leaving many battle scars upon my, at times, weary heart.
But through it all I've learned, we become better though,
From overcoming challenges which we learn from and grow.

When I say I am blessed in ways others wouldn't claim,
It's because among my blessings, the atrocities I name.
Living through atrocities forges a greater understanding,
More inclined to be forgiving, less critical, reprimanding.

Many reasons I have had too numerous to be counted
To remain bitter and resentful, not overcome, surmounted;
To justify holding onto grudges and be unforgiving,
But a heart so heavy burdened can't rejoice in living.

I've had many chances in life to provide me with excuses
To accept in my heart hatred because of multiple abuses,
But from a young age I've been determined to rise above
By cultivating instead the opposite, the Elements of Love.

Oftentimes, when with our life, we're dissatisfied,
We give in and accept that our misery's justified.
But just one adjustment, a change to/in our objective,
Can make all the difference when we alter our perspective.

When we understand why there are struggles in our life,
All with silver linings in spite of stress and strife,
We afford ourselves the ability to negate the negative,
Transform it into positive to be wiser how we live.

Not only wiser but more humble with our ego more subdued
To be more considerate of others, instead of callous, rude.
We're all a work in progress with each our own path to carve;
Who we are, become, depends upon what traits we feed or starve.

We all make mistakes and they're our best learning tools.
Those who acknowledge this become the wiser versus fools.
We all have attributes to help make the world a better place,
But if we do not bring them forth, we, ourselves, disgrace.

I am creative too as an artist with paint, pencil, brush,
But this creative field brings a different type of rush.
There is beauty all around us God has so richly painted,
That even the world's ugliness can't ruin, make tainted.

Since with animals and nature I've always felt at peace,
Accepted in His world of wonder, God's Masterpiece,
Through my art I try to capture the beauty I still see,
Hoping to remind others of the wonders God made to be.

Being blessed by God with the Gift of Creativity,
My gratitude's immense; I cherish most reverently.
Being given such a Gift by the Master of Creation,
All praise goes to Him with my absolute adoration.

💗 Have a blessed day! ðŸ’—
Poem by Artsieladie /Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly 
©2017-08-08 09:25:00 (EST)
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie

Credits:
All praise belongs to/with God.
Thinking of you with Love, Naomi, as I am in awe of all you've overcome
and still, yet, you're one of the most kindest, most understanding and caring people
I've had the pleasure of knowing and fortunate to be blessed with your friendship. ❣
Image credit goes to Billy Jacobs, a fabulous artist.

"Have a blessed day; count your blessings, every one,
As your day begins, throughout, and when your day is done."
~ Artsieladie Poetic Quote
Art by Artsieladie

2 comments:

  1. Dear Visitor with the IP address always beginning with the numbers, "66", regardless of where it says you are, Menlo Park/Mountain view, California, Pennsylvania, Florida, and several other places... Why must you sneak around, cover up who you are and make calls to my phone using numbers unfamiliar that I won't ever answer? My blog is public. You're welcome to visit all you like. There's a much better person inside of you than the one you are projecting. It's sad you can't see this, the lesser of you, you're reflecting. 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...I guess it's hello to you in Texas? At 12:03:52 PM? Just 52 seconds after I hit "publish" at 12:03:00 PM (my time) I really feel sorry for you that you have to lower yourself to the level you have. A person I once so admired. 😢

    ReplyDelete

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥