Saturday, July 25, 2015

Letter-To-God

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie!

"Letter To God"
Art/poem by Artsieladie
PNG url:

Dearest God,

I thank You for this day, I thank You for this week.
I thank You for Your Guidance with everything I seek.
I thank You for Your countless blessings bestowed upon me,
Especially for the Gifts to share so others can also blessed be.

I thank You for my family, those of blood and not
And for the cherished memories I have not forgot.
I thank You for my friends, every one a treasure,
To say how much, there are no words to measure.

I thank You for supplying all that I may need,
And for Your Patience when Your Wisdom I don't heed.
I thank You for all the Miracles of Life that can't be imitated
And for this World of Wonders, You, with Love Created.

I thank You for the courage when I am lost and weak
And for Your Listening even when I cannot speak.
I thank You for Your Light You keep shining every day,
A Beacon when I'm lost, can't seem to find my way.

I thank You for the strength when struggles grace my path
And Your Forgiving, when I'm besieged with bitter wrath.
I thank You for Believing that I can do a task,
Even when I'm doubtful about that which You ask.

I thank You for Your Words of Truth. I thank You for Your Love.
I thank You for Your Presence, within, around, above.
Dearest God, Most Merciful, Most Gracious, Most Adored,
I Praise You, Exalt You, Most Highest, You, my Lord!


With Love always,
Your thankful servant. ♥ ♥ ♥

***************************************

So often we turn to God in our times of need.
In our desperation we go to Him to plead
For His Help, His Guidance, to fix what has been broken,
But when all is well, so fewer words to Him are then spoken.
So this makes me wonder how often He must yearn
For some words of gratitude without requesting a return.
Few of us humans like the feeling when we're being used.
If only called upon to serve a purpose, we are not amused.

When we deal with others, we should the Golden Rule apply,
Treating others how we wish to be is the way to live by.
So why do we tend to treat our Lord with the same that we reject
And call only upon Him when there's a favour we expect?
This letter is addressed to God. I know He will Hear,
From my heart to His meant to only bring Him cheer.
There are no requests from me, only thankfulness
For all the ways He Blesses me, yet too many to express. ♥ ♥ ♥


Poems by Artsieladie /Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly 
©2014-09-27 19:16:00 (EST) 
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie
Art by Artsieladie

4 comments:

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥