Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Iron-Woman

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie!

Men in general are known to conceal and hide their feelings and emotions. For centuries it has been instilled in men that showing their feelings and emotions is an indicator of a man being weak if he does. Personally, I like it especially when a man shows his feelings and emotions because it shows he has a heart. I think a man who does is a strong man because for a man it takes courage to do so and it shows he is true to himself and he's comfortable with and confident in himself and doesn't allow society or others to dictate who he is.

But when it comes to a woman, part of her beauty lies within her showing feelings and emotions for she shows then her heart, her compassion and passion, her warmth, her softness, her Love. An "Iron Woman" is not to be confused with a "Strong Woman" however, for they are not the same. I think what I'm trying to say is best explained on this Facebook post:

https://www.facebook.com/Tantra.Templet/posts/10153714521684688 

Which I'm quoting here from but translated:
"Many women are trying to reach to a form of emotional stability, or constancy, where they can always have the same mood and always accomplish the same end, and always be the same as yesterday and tomorrow. So they practice meditation, mindfulness and undergo various therapies to be quiet and emotionally identical and avoid fluctuations.

But being emotionally alike every day is a masculine quality that the masculine brain, the masculine body and the masculine hormones supports - it is one of Shiva's qualities, the universally masculine. It is not what the female body, mind and energy can or should be.

When a woman is trying to become emotionally one every day, and to avoid fluctuations and changes, she cuts herself off from his energy, his heart, his true nature, and from everything that can create, enchant, seduce, and give the whole world glow and life.

The art of a woman is not to avoid emotional fluctuations, but to love one's feelings, express them in love and take care of them and respect them - that is where she connects with his energy, his full sensuality, creative abilities and his ecstasy.

It is just so sad to see a woman suppress her feelings and try to get them to go away as it is to see a man suppress his strength, vision of life and its purpose.
 

Female, love your body and your feelings - and you will see a completely different response from the world around you and within you."
- Shakti.


A good description of a "Strong Woman" can be read here:
http://www.stevenaitchison.co.uk/blog/9-things-to-expect-when-dating-a-strong-woman/


"Iron Woman"

Never shows emotion nor that she has a heart.
Always so composed, each and every part.
When one is near her, a cold chill they'll feel,
When she looks at you, her eyes are like steel.

Her words, when she speaks, are without life,
I pity the poor man who takes her as his wife.
Always so practical, where Love doesn't thrive
And without Love, one can't really be alive.

A woman without emotion is like a black night,
No moon, no stars, all wonder lost from sight.
A woman who expresses not feelings or emotions,
Is like waterless, the being of the seas and oceans.

To see an Iron Woman is truly sad, such a pitiful tragedy
All that beautifies her's locked up, thrown away the key.
What it must be like to appear more like a man
Than to set free her heart like only a woman can.

I am not an Iron Woman nor will I ever be.
I have too much Love inside to not let others see.
Yes, I am emotional and yes my feelings show,
And my heart is clearly visible for everyone to know.

I can't imagine being any other way
Nor do I want to be, my real is on display,
For I do not spend time on or make the mistake,
To waste my energy on being anything of fake.

No one ever has to guess where I'm coming from.
I speak from my heart. Love beats my drum.
If I had to be an Iron Woman, impossible this would be,
Because having a heart full of Love fuels my creativity!


Poem by Artsieladie /Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly
©2015-05-04 21:11:00 (EST) 
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie
Art by Artsieladie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥