Saturday, July 4, 2015

Foolish-Vs-Wise

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie!

This poem was inspired by a quote by a person whom I consider to be a treasured friend, Mohammad Zafarullah Khan Marwat. His quote reads:

"Don't correct a fool because he will hate you,
Correct a wise man and he will be grateful to you."


His quote brought to mind as well when a person I held so dear in my heart turned against me and wanted nothing more to do with me after I corrected his accusations against me with factual data supporting my defense, resulting with he not having any comeback other than being left with acknowledging that he had been corrected, which he was incapable of doing for one has to have in their character, humility to be able to admit when they have made a mistake. This is when I learned that his level of humbleness wasn't as high as I had thought and that his ego was very much a central part of his character.

Because I didn't blindly go along with his false allegations, which he had accused me of making against him, and I also provided disputing proof of his, I suddenly became unworthy to be in his life. I can never agree with or go along with what I know to be untrue, even if it's coming from a person I think the world of. But ultimately, by his reaction I was afforded the ability to learn the REAL Truth. He only loved me when I went along with him and never took a stand against him. When I did, I found out his love wasn't quite as "profound" for me as he had claimed so fervently.

He refused to have any sort of discussion with me to afford us the chance to work through our differences, which I thought to be little more than miscommunication resulting in misunderstandings. But then another woman informed me that he discussed "our issues" and "me" with her. He wouldn't discuss 'us' or 'me' with me but he was more than okay with discussing 'us' and 'me' with another who knows me not but believes he can do no wrong. Therefore, he went to a 'sympathizer', a person who will always "Yes Sir" him rather than have himself face the truth of his own false projection.


"You never know how much another Loves you until their Love is tested,
Until they prove to you how much in the Love their own heart is invested."
~ Artsieladie Quote

 

To say I believed him, believed in him, would be a gross understatement. Having had my trust completely destroyed a number of times before, it took me a fairly long time to decide to try and trust again, to trust him, to "believe" his words of "profound Love" were honest, genuine, and true. In fact the person who is stalking me and invading my privacy now and has been for 8+ years, was also a person at one time who I believed in and trusted, only to have to come to the very harsh reality I shouldn't have. So again, my trust was obliterated.

But trust is something that must be given to another, placed in another, first, and then you have to wait and see how the other person is going to treat the trust. Will they respect it? Will they appreciate you trusting them? Will they treat your trust with reverence and dignity? Will they honour your trust? ..OR will they disrespect, betray, and destroy your trust? It's in "their" treatment of your trust given which will speak volumes about their character, whether they are a person of virtue, integrity, and trustworthiness or not. Therefore, the "wrong" does NOT lie with, CANNOT lie with, the person who elects to trust. The "wrong" can only rest with the person who chooses to disrespect, betray, and destroy it.


It's the same with Love. There is no shame in the "giving of Love". There can only be shame with the one or ones who use, abuse, disrespect, etc. the Love given to them and/or the Trust given. Those reading this who feel ashamed, stupid, embarrassed, etc. for Loving, for Trusting, don't do this to yourself. If someone uses, abuses, disrespects, etc. either, allocate the blame correctly. The blame rests with those who use, abuse, disrespect, etc. it. Those who do aren't likely to accept the shame and blame because their ego driven character (arrogance) won't allow for this, but just because they don't accept it, it doesn't remove the fact that the blame and shame is theirs still. Weak people can't accept their own fallacies and can only shift blame and shame onto others and very often on those who they've transgressed against.   

"Trust must be given first, placed in another's court,
To see if they will honour it or betray it to abort."
~ Artsieladie Quote


"Foolish Vs Wise"

I corrected him and he kicked me to the curb,
His love turned to hate, his vengeance to observe.
I was supposed to accept his statements incorrect,
Accusatory of me wrongly, how dare I object!

Because I used facts to dispute his claim,
He tries to make me the wearer of his shame.
He expected me to cave, say to him, "Yes, Sir!"
Yield to his command, agree with him, concur,
Even though I knew what he said wasn't true.
Hated to disappoint him, but I no can do!

I had already tried this, allowed him to be right
And I accepted all the blame to him I did write
Because he meant to me more than any claim.
I relinquished any pride for Love's Precious Name.
How did he repay me? He professed his Love profound,
To me all the while knowing its sweet but empty sound.

Now because I stood up to him, and I did it with respect,
I am deemed disloyal and loathed as a worthless reject.
Don't expect me to grovel, beg or bow, nor apologise
For speaking of the Truth against what I know are lies.

Elements of Love, Truth and Honesty I uphold.
My integrity can't be bought for all the world's gold,
Nor will I relinquish it for even the 'said' sake of Love,
Especially for an imitation, any generic version of.
God's Most Precious Gift I hold Sacred in my heart,
With a fool I will not barter with, my most precious part.

When you correct a fool, they will hate you and despise
For they perceive themselves infallible and without demise.
But correct a wise one and they will humbly grateful be
Because with wisdom comes vision for one to clearly see
That none of us are perfect, we all have room to grow,
Life's about lessons, learning with so much more to know.


"Should you correct a fool, they'll resent you with spite,
But correct a wise one and they'll sincerely be contrite."

Poem with quote(s) by Artsieladie /Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly
©2015-04-03 21:54:00 (EST) 
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie

Inspirational Credit:
Mohammad Zafarullah Khan Marwat
(See also my above intro.)
Art by Artsieladie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥