Saturday, June 27, 2015

Will-Not-Compete

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie!

Love is not about being a competition, for hearts are not prizes to be awarded and/or won. Besides, if you have to be someone you're really not or take on acting/behaving in a particular way to gain the affections of another, this isn't REAL Love and if the Love isn't real, what's the point in competing for such then anyway?

"I Will Not Compete"

With another woman I Will Not Compete
Nor in the game of jealousy, such a foolish feat.
If a man wants another or plural are his desires,
By all means he can seek them, stir up other fires.

But from his equation, myself, I will exclude,
If others he desires, reveals this aptitude.
I am not a prize to win nor am I a possession,
But a lady true, unique, and with discretion.

I will not seek to gain a man's Love or affection
Nor myself lower to present as a false projection.
If a man desires me, he must desire me alone,
To be his only queen to share with him his throne.

For when I Love a man he becomes my reigning king.
As his woman, his queen, he won't want for anything.
Since he will become the center, my world to focus on,
He cannot be just any man, especially some Don Juan.

A philanderer with an eye for wander lust,
Pretending to lower his gaze just to gain my Trust,
Is not a man I would ever want for keeps
For the world is chocked full of this type of peeps.

I am on purpose a woman worthy of respect,
I will not be a second choice, a fill-in or reject.
If a man seeks another woman besides or over me,
I will wish him well, I will set him free.

If a man wants women, I'll not stand in his way
While he entertains his ego with voluptuous play.
But this woman won't ever partake in such a game,
She respects herself too much to bring herself the shame.

There are many women who will seek a man's favour,
Will compromise themselves, his affection for to savour,
But I'm not one of them who'll lower myself for any man
Just to prove to him or me that I'm capable and can.

For there's nothing I need to prove to him or anyone.
I know and like who I am when each day is done.
If I'm good enough for God's Love as I seek His Approval,
But not for a man's, then from his life I'll enable my removal.

I am a modest woman with a reservoir of Love,
But I will only open the gate to a man deserving of.
A am a proud woman with pride that has been derived
From cultivating self respect, humility, not ego from contrived.

When a man I Love, comfort from another woman seeks,
Discusses me with her and against me he speaks,
He proves then to me his heart is one of deceit,
Not worthy of my Love, to fight for or compete.

So, with another woman I Will Not Compete
Nor participate in a torrid game of jealous heat.
When a man desires other women, finds them appealing,
I will make my exit in spite of Love for him I'm feeling.


Poem by Artsieladie / Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly
©2015-04-27 02:14:00 (EST) 
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie
Art by Artsieladie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥