Wednesday, June 17, 2015

World-Of-Colour

Greetings everyone, from Artsieladie! ♥ *Update: 2017-08-02* 

"Colour their world, remove their hopelessness, their bleak,
Protect the innocent animals, defend and for them speak." ~ Artsieladie Quote.


Adopt, don't shop!
Spay, don't litter!
Save lives today, neuter and spay!

Being active with animal/pet rescue for many years, I've witnessed first hand how deeply sad it is to know so many animals, through no fault of their own, are abandoned, abused, neglected, etc.. Anyone who thinks animals do not have feelings, it has to be because they've never had a close and intimate relationship with at least one.

Although not all animals who end up homeless and at shelters are there because of neglect, abandonment, abuse, etc. but are there simply because the former owner can no longer keep or care for them, MANY of them are, many have been picked up as strays because their owners simply gave up caring for or being responsible for them and their well being.

Helping an animal find a good, permanent home, who otherwise faced a very bleak and dismal future, often premature death, because of either through fate to survive as a stray or being euthanized at a shelter because there are SO MANY homeless, has got to be one of the best feelings in the world. To be a catalyst for turning their grey, bleak world into one of colour, coloured with joy, belonging, and knowing the feeling of being Loved and wanted, is indescribable.

This poem is about a homeless dog longing for a "Coloured World" of Love, joy, and belonging to someone or ones who will care for him. I cried as I wrote this and I cry every time I read it because and for all the animals who are in such a desperate need of a good home with Love. I wish ALL animals could be fortunate to find and have a good, Loving home.


...And now a heartbreaking dilemma from a homeless dog's perspective... 

"World Of Colour"
Poem/art by Artsieladie
PNG url:
"Colour My World"

My world is cold and dark and grey.
The sun never shines to be happy and play.
The dark clouds hanging, always loom overhead,
Day after day, I ache with such dread.

No one to love me, not even care,
If I'm hungry or cold or lost somewhere.
I long for a petting, a gentle touch,
From someone that loves me; I long so much.

Each day I look for a rainbow to cross my sky,
A promise of someone that I'll catch their eye.
But as each day closes, hope fades, becoming slimmer,
Darker than night and its shadows, much dimmer.

But in my dreams as sleep overtakes,
I'm off to a land of no tears or heartaches.
In this "World Of Colour" is a rainbow glowing;
The sun always shines, not a cloud showing.

My heart is warmed with plenty of hugs.
I'm not even itchy from the biting bugs!
My bowl is full, garnished with treats;
My water is fresh, not from the streets.

My belly's not hurting from sickness or hunger.
There's someone to hold me when I'm scared of thunder.
A voice so kind of someone I hear,
Pleasant and cheerful, I harbour no fear.

A ball is thrown, a twig, a stick,
For me to fetch and return, reward with a lick.
My tail is wagging, overcome with joy;
Kisses by the dozens, I gladly deploy.

So much love, there's nothing I miss
In this "World Of Colour", this heavenly bliss!
But.. then I awake in the first grey of morn,
And sadly.. I've returned to the land of forlorn.


Poem by Artsieladie / Artsieladie Sharon Donnelly
©2010-07-15 19:16:26 (EST)
All rights reserved.
To see more posts, check out the Sitemap.

Graphic pen by Artsieladie

Website: www.artsieladie.com
Blog: http://artsieladie-creative-corner.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-heartbeats.blogspot.com/
Blog: http://artsieladie-quotes.blogspot.com/
Blog (here): http://artsieladie-rhymetyme.blogspot.com/ 

For more Artsieladie Poetry:
My Website: https://sites.google.com/a/artsieladie.com/www/artsieladie-poetry
PoetrySoup: http://www.poetrysoup.com/me/Artsieladie
Art by Artsieladie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive feedback comments, questions, and suggestions always welcome. ♥